If you’ve ever had the unfortunate experience of entering an elevator shortly after a previous occupant cut the cheese, you’ll really feel for this bovine bunch in Germany. It’s no secret that cows ‘emit’ methane, but when the collective flatulence of 90 cows came into contact with a static spark, they literally blew the roof off the place.
The incident took place on a farm in Rasdorf, Germany, where a farmer’s herd managed to trigger an explosion with nothing more than the natural gases passing out of their back passages. According to local police, the barn burner kicked off when ‘a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames’ and unsurprisingly bred one slightly miffed farmer.
On a positive note, only one cow was injured in the blast and is well on the road to recovery.